SIME COOKIE NOTICE
A cookie is a small string of information that the website you visit transfers to your computer for identification purposes. Cookies can be used to follow your activity on the website and that information helps websites to understand your preferences and improve your website experience. You can turn off all cookies in the event you prefer not to receive them. You can also have your computer warn you whenever cookies are being used. There are also software products available that can manage cookies for you. Please be aware, however, that when you choose to reject cookies, this choice may limit the functionality of the website and you may lose access to some of its features.
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies we need your permission.
Types of Cookies Used
We use different types of cookies to run our Site. Some or all of the cookies identified below may be stored in your browser.
Type of Cookie
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary cookies are necessary for the operation of our Site. These cookies are essential in helping you to move around our Site.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use our services, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies collect anonymous information on the pages visited. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how our services perform.
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customize. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
These cookies remember choices you make to improve your experience.
If the same cookie is used for re-targeting they must be included in the ‘Targeting or advertising cookies’ category as well. It might also include cookies that are used to deliver a specific function, but where that function includes cookies used for behavioral/targeted advertising networks they must be included in the ‘Targeting or advertising cookies’ category as well as this category.
Many of the cookies placed through our Site are session cookies, while others are persistent cookies, and some are “first-party” cookies, while others are “third-party” cookies.
- First-party cookies are those set by a Site that is being visited by the user at the time (e.g., cookies placed by SIME).
- Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the Site being visited by the user. If a user visits a Site and another entity sets a cookie through that Site, this would be a third-party cookie.
- Persistent cookies are cookies that remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the Site that created that particular cookie.
- Session cookies are cookies that allow Site operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
How to Manage and Delete Your Cookies
Depending on your browser, further information may be obtained via the following links:
On your mobile device, your operating system may provide you with additional options to opt out of interest-based advertising or to otherwise reset your mobile identifiers. For example, you may use the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting (on iOS devices) or a setting to “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (on Android devices) which allows you to limit the use of information about your use of apps for purposes of serving ads targeted to your interests.
Web Beacons and Analytics Services
Our Site may contain electronic images known as web beacons (or single-pixel gifs) that we use to help deliver cookies on our Site, count users who have visited the Site, and deliver content and advertising.
For cookies that track activity in connection with targeted advertising, you can opt-out:
- EU Users: A guide for EU users on behavioral advertising and online privacy has been produced by the internet advertising industry which can be found at: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
- Canadian Users: visit www.youradchoices.ca.
This Cookie Notice was last updated on May 20, 2019.